TZT touch 2 device communication error

Mannyj

I currently have 2 - TZT touch 2 (TZTL12F)MFD's that show a "device communication error" message simultaneously on BOTH MFD'S. Why is this occurring? The message disappears after 2 minutes. And then later, the message appears again, then goes away. A little help. Thank you.

Do you have engines or something interfaced on your 2000 bus? Do you have a network hub or are these directly connected by network? Can you send a short of your SENSOR list from either display? It would be good to see what the sensor list shows the the associated addressing.

Do you have engines or something interfaced on your 2000 bus? Do you have a network hub or are these directly connected by network? Can you send a short of your SENSOR list from either display? It would be good to see what the sensor list shows the the associated addressing.
I have the simrad ap24, icom 504 radio connected to the MDF's via nemea 2000. I will get a picture of the sensor list a little later today.

On another note, none of the MFD's have ever been software updated.

Even old software shouldn't see this. It still isn't a bad idea to update the units to current software. Are these directly connected or do you have a hub?

Where can I find the sensor list? See attached pictures of what I have.

Attachments

• IMG_7975.jpeg
    IMG_7975.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7976.jpeg
    IMG_7976.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7977.jpeg
    IMG_7977.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7978.jpeg
    IMG_7978.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
You should always have a back up of your points if you value them but YES, it normally will delete your points/routes/tracks.

From your sensor list you have several instance conflicts to resolve after updating.
1718401744609.png

You should always have a back up of your points if you value them but YES, it normally will delete your points/routes/tracks.

From your sensor list you have several instance conflicts to resolve after updating.
View attachment 5426
OK. what is the easiest way to back up the waypoints and tracking before I do the software update? Also, both MFD's have mini sim cards. Do I remove them before I do the software back up?

TZT2 is a two part process update that requires the chart chip to be removed for part 1 programing chip. Follow the instructions as it explains all.

I tried to back up the tracks, waypoints and routes to a micro SD card, but the display says "no item found". I checked the map and it's showing all the tracking and waypoints on it. Is there something wrong with my MFD's? See attached pictures

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 3
I downloaded the software update, but it done have the instructions on it. Where can I find the instructions?

GM and thank you. Does the micro SD card have to max at 32gb? Can it be larger? Also, I have 2 MFD’s. Do I have to update both of them?

All MFD should be kept at same software levels. When doing updates 32GB or less is recommended but chart cards can be as large as 256GB

Both MFD’s were updated. Thanks. Now, we need to correct instance conflicts from the sensor list. What is the next step?

Back