TZT Scanning Drives/Lose chart detail

C

Cruble

Running a total of 4 TZT units with a master and slave in the pilot house. The two slave FB units are often not turned on but function well when used.
Pilot house units are connected to 23" Dell touch screens and Gyration wireless mouse.

The problem unit is the slave. At the dock it will display S-57 or Raster data with no issues. Zoom in and all the detail is there.

When underway the unit chirps and a 'scanning drives' window appears at the top of the screen. The chart detail is lost, what is left behind is the vessel, track and the Overzoom grey screen 'message'. Same occurs when the Raster chart is set to primary chart. Periodically the chart data will return and disappear cyclically.
No data is being overlayed onto this chart nor is it a shared/split screen.

This event can sometimes be mitigated by activating the auto pilot. The chart data will return until the autopilot is set to stby where it is lost immediately.

The green bar at startup displays 1950123-05.01 (software version?)
The system software is up to date however it doesn't display what software version it is running. I have a verified connection to a wireless LAN. ​

I've turned off much of the chart display features as well as nearly all the weather data in a effort to reduce the processor load.
We've got a substantial number of charts loaded, enough to do the entire loop and then some. Master has the SD card, 59 gb capacity with 50.7 used.

Chuck

5.01 is very old software. It is possible that some of your units are not at that same level or that you are running into some old issue. I would recommend updating the TZT system to the newest software (6.03) for all the MFDs and then see what happens. If charts are still a problem, I would swap chart cards with one of the other working units and see if the problem moves or stays.

All MFD's updated to 6.03. Will advise how things work when underway. Thank you for the assistance.

Chuck

This issue could be related to the card reader. Both master and slaves need to read a copy of the same chart on their respective SD Cards in order to render the chart. Originally these units came with the memory card cover that kept the card from slipping out, if removed sometimes this issue happens. The card "rattles out" due to engine rattle out of the memory card reader.

Here's a troubleshooting step you might perform next time; First seat firmly the chart card (SD Card) into the unit's memory card reader. If it happens again underway, go to Menu > Charts and verify whether or not an SD Card is detected. If not press it in to see if it's just the card.

Hope this helps,

- Maggy :sail

Back