TZ3D MFD12+TZT?

41gre.gmarine

Hi all,
On Amel54 I have complete NAVnet3D installation with 2 MFD12 (primary at the navigation table and secondary at the helm).

The question - Is there any option how to replace secondary MFD12 with something like TZTouch 19?

Thanks for opinions.

Greg

Good morning,
Unfortunately NN3D and TZT3 can not be on the same network so you would not be able to replace just one of your NN3D displays.

The good news is that if you decided to replace all the screens with TZT3's you can re use most everything else on the the boat if not everything. I would just need to know what else is on the system to confirm that everything could be re used.

And since your MFD12 and a TZT3 cannot be on the same ethernet network then you'll have to use the radar on one or the other. But not on both.

I had a setup with 4 MFD12 units (two up, two down). I swapped out two of them for TZT16F unit. The TZT16F needs a /slightly/ larger hole but it lines up nearly perfectly with the old MFD12 right beside it. I wired the two MFD12 directly to each other via Ethernet. I wired NMEA2000 into the 'master' MFD12. I wired both TZT16F into the ethernet hub and onto the N2K bus. I added an SCX-20 for better GPS, compass and heading. This side-steps the question of how will everything get GPS since it's on N2K (and the one 'master' MFD12 handles passing that to the other MFD12).

I'm very pleased with how responsive the TZT16F are compared to the old MFD12.

Back