TZ2 Suzuki NEMA connections.

mikemaryland

Looking for help connecting my new Suzuki 350 A to my Furuno TZ2 for NEMA data. Previously my old Yamaha 225 connected for great data displays on the TZ2. Suzuki dealer says a NEMA cable connects to the back of the Suzuki SMG4 gauge. Any help with my new Suzuki/Furuno connection would be great for my TZ2.

When he says NMEA cable, does he mean NMEA 2000 drop cable? Does your SMG4 have a 5 pin NMEA 2000 male connection at the back? The dealer should know as it is their product. I am being told that some of the single engine systems will install an SMG4 with built in gateway and all you need to do is take a NMEA 2000 cable from the connection at the back and drop to your existing 2000 bus. Once on the bus, you would want to run the "Engine and Tank Automatic Setup" with the engine ON, on your NAVnet. You will find that setting under HOME - SETTINGS - INITIAL SETUP. Based on what your dealer says it should be pretty simple.

When he says NMEA cable, does he mean NMEA 2000 drop cable? Does your SMG4 have a 5 pin NMEA 2000 male connection at the back? The dealer should know as it is their product. I am being told that some of the single engine systems will install an SMG4 with built in gateway and all you need to do is take a NMEA 2000 cable from the connection at the back and drop to your existing 2000 bus. Once on the bus, you would want to run the "Engine and Tank Automatic Setup" with the engine ON, on your NAVnet. You will find that setting under HOME - SETTINGS - INITIAL SETUP. Based on what your dealer says it should be pretty simple.
Thanks for your help!!

Back