Sudden loss of Yamaha interface connection and NEMA data

mikemaryland

I have a TZ2 12" I bought a few months ago. I read and followed many posts here to make the correct connections. As recommended by Johnny Electron I bought the proper Yamaha Interface and Yamaha bus and other neccessary cables etc. Everything worked and worked great and gave me the Yamaha data screen and all the NEMA instrument with all the data. My motor is a 2005 Yamaha 225.

Here are the Yamaha parts I installed.
6Y8-81920-01-00 3 PORT MULTI-HUB ASSEMBLY
6YG-8A2D0-00-00 COMMAND LINK PLUS AND COMMAND LINK N2K GATEWAY

All worked then suddenly 2 weeks ago while using the boat the Yamaha motor symbol dissappeared and the NEMA instrument screen disappeared when I shut the motor off and restarted. So I installed a direct marine 12G cable to the battery in the stern to power the Yamaha bus and NEMA power supply. All worked perfectly and upon startup the Yamaha motor symbol appeared and NEMA intruments worked. Then went out on the water and lost the Yamaha symbol and NEMA instruments again.
I need help. The NEMA instruments and Yamaha data are a must have in the Furuno.

20220608_183439.jpg
20220608_182631.jpg

That battery icon is at half-way, get them batteries on the trickle charger for a bit until the icon is full and see if it works well again.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back