TZ2 not recognizing DRS4D

ramatuska

Replaced MFD12 with TZ2, chartplotter will not see the radar antenna.

I use PSU-017 Power Supply, indicator light is green and I have 48V at radar, I substituted known good Ethernet cable for installed cable, no change.

TZ2 1st boot version 2.04, system version 2.04, app version 2.05

Network connection to chartplotter is good, as the TZ2 does recognize BBWX3

It sounds like no one ever upgraded the DRS radar software. This is normally needed for any DRS radar prior to 2012. The best way to upgrade the radar is with your NavNet 3D unit and run the incremental software to upgrade the radar.

Thanks Johnny, but the TZ2 is installed and the MFD12 is already sold.

Would the next best procedure be to use the SDU-001 Card Reader or the Micro Card slot on the rear of the TZ2?

That leads me to another question. There is a single USB connection of the TZ2, and both the SDU-001 and the MCU-002 use a USB connection. What are the options if I want to install both?

You can use an off the shelf USB hub to connect both the MCU001 and the SDU-001.
To upgrade the radar you need a NN3D MFD or TZT MFD. The software to update the radar hasn't been added to the TZT2 yet. It is possible to upgrade the radar using PC based software. Open an official support case with your Furuno Distributor and they can send you the proper information. If Furuno USA is your distributor, you will find "Ask Furuno a question" under SUPPORT of the web site.

Thanks again Johnny.

My old NN3D was sold to a boater a couple of hundred miles away, so that is not an option. So far no local Furuno dealers are able to perform the DRS4D update. Furuno Tech Support suggested shipping radome to Camas, also checking on the PC update possibility.

Back