TZ Navigator for MAC

Moonzy1

Furuno Super Fan
To my knowledge there is no software that allows me to put waypoints in a USB stick w a MAC Book at home and then bring a usb stick to the boat to load up.

You did not say which model MFD you have on your boat. I am also a Mac user and the quick and easy solution if you have a TZT 2 or TZT 3 is to use the Time Zero cloud service on your laptop or even better, use the TZ iBoat app if you have an iPhone or iPad. Create the waypoints on the computer or iPad and then just synch the plotter to transfer them.

This assumes you have internet access at your boat through a wifi access point or by using your phone as a personal hotpot. It is necessary to connect the TZT 2 or TZT 3 to wifi and log it in to your TZ Cloud account for it to synchronize the waypoints and routes you add via the app or web cloud interface.

I do this all the time when fishing offshore. I look at the sea temperature charts at home and create marks at promising spots. When I turn on my TZT 3 displays at the boat, they automatically connect to wifi and synchronize so I am ready to go without manually transferring the new waypoints.

Great
I have tzt2
I did download iBoat but I have not seen where to create waypoints. Only routes.

How can I use TZ Cloud service without buying TZ navigator?

And yes I have wifi at boat when at the dock.

How are you creating the waypoints on your Mac?
Thanks

You just have to create a free "my time zero" account at their website mytimezero.com. This is the same login you will use on the TZT 2 to synchronize. The first time you login on the TZT 2, it will upload all of the waypoints and routes you have stored on it to the cloud server. Probably you should do that first so you can see all of your existing waypoints when using the iBoat app or the TZ cloud service on your Mac.

Creating waypoints on the Mac is very simple once you are logged in. Just put the cursor on the spot and right click to bring up the menu. On the iBoat app, just tap the spot on the chart and you will get the same menu to creat a waypoint or route.

Back