TZ Explorer / PBG Module

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Greetings,

I run a NN3D/1150 combo which is great but i want to dial in to the TZ PBG functionality.

I'm based in Malayasia and cannot get advice on the following. Hope someone more familiar with this product can clairfy:

- If you purchase the TZ Explorer, does it include the PBG module or is it a seperate purchase? I think the VX1/2 TZ version gives you PBG Module as standard but not sure about the newer NN3D software?
- From what I can gather online, TZ Plot includes PBG module however my local retailer doesnt know what I am talking about when i ask about it.

As an aside, has anyone outside the US (you guys are spoiled for quality) tried the Jeppesen or other 'after-market' charts? The stanard NN3D vector charts covering Oceana are a little 'cartoonish' compared to the navionics charts i used to run on a VX2, especially when zoomed
right in sounding waypoints. Hoping Maxsea might take care of this also.

Any help much appreciated.

Rick

If you purchase the TZ Explorer, does it include the PBG module or is it a seperate purchase?

The PBG is additional purchase.

- From what I can gather online, TZ Plot includes PBG module however my local retailer doesnt know what I am talking about when i ask about it.

Not all distributors; sell all the MaxSea offered products.
Currently we (Furuno USA) don't list TZ Plot as a product, so I can't tell you anything about it either.

As an aside, has anyone outside the US (you guys are spoiled for quality) tried the Jeppesen or other 'after-market' charts? The stanard NN3D vector charts covering Oceana are a little 'cartoonish' compared to the navionics charts i used to run on a VX2, especially when zoomed
right in sounding waypoints. Hoping Maxsea might take care of this also.

The NN3D has different icon/symbol sets that you can pick in the settings. You might try changing yours. You will find the setting under MENU - CHARTS - VECTOR tab - Chart Symbols

Thanks Johnny, I worked it out in the end and was getting mixed messages from a couple of dealers as is the way here. (Malayasia)

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back