Setting up MFD12 with SC30 and maxsea plot for PBG

willie125

Hi Guys,
I'm just in the process of trying to kit out my new 6.5m cray boat
I'm looking to run MaxSea TZ Plot in it with PBG to get a good map of the terrain.
I currently already have a Furuno MFD12 with a BBDS1 and a TM260, I think this should all link up to my laptop with MaxSea on it over Network Cable??
Dose The SC30 work With NN3D in eliminating the pitch and roll? so that i can still map in rougher weather?
Can anyone see any potential issues I may have with this setup? I was going to have my MFD12 just set to use as a sounder and my Laptop as the plotter
Also how dose a BBDS1 compare to using a stand alone sounder such as FCV1150??
Oh one more Has anyone used a sc30 or know how effective it would be on a small boat this size?
Thanks for any help and advice you can give me,
Cheers
Willie

I think this should all link up to my laptop with MaxSea on it over Network Cable??
Yes

Does The SC30 work With NN3D in eliminating the pitch and roll? so that I can still map in rougher weather?

The BBDS1 will use the pitch/roll information from the SC30 to provide heaving compensation which will assist in stabilizing the bottom during rough conditions.

Also how does a BBDS1 compare to using a stand alone sounder such as FCV1150??

They are too different to really compare. The FCV1150 can go up to 3kw of power and has tunable range of frequencies. The BBDS1 offers bottom discrimination with suitable transducer.

Johnny,
Thanks for taking the time to respond I really appreciate that was very helpful!! I'll put it all together and see how I get on... Thanks again for your help.
Cheers
Willie

Back