Two Tztouch2 not synchronizing

UgisSpringis

Hi,
I've 2 tztouch2 mfd's connected to NMEA2000 and ethernet.
After updating bit of them to latest version 8.01, there are synchronization issues.
The slave unit is not synchronizing with master,
there are errors in synchronization log - can not connect to masters ip, check firewall.
Ethernet cabling looks OK, both units do work with ethernet radar.

Any ideas?

Sounds like they might be getting on the same IP address. Did you factory reset both units after upgrading? What hub are you using?

UgisSpringis":ovsssqcv said:
Any ideas?
Johnny Electron":ovsssqcv said:
Sounds like they might be getting on the same IP address.

Take a look at HOME > SETTINGS > INITIAL SETUP > Sensor List look at the plotters do they both come up under network sensors? Is one unit in red? check the ip addresses listed, do they match (e.g. conflict?).

Let us know, :sail

- Maggy

Yes, both units see each other under sensor list.
Both have different IP

No, did not factory reset after update.
I understand factory reset was not needed. Would factory reset not kill installed map keys?

Everything else works fine, radar also works from both units over ethernet.

So should I try to factory reset? doing backup before and then restore?

Also - I did not find a place where to change IP address?
They are different now, but what will happen after factory reset?

Glad the factory reset solved the issue, :jump :jump

For yours and other's benefit, the codes for maps are stored in the cloud and operate in a way that if you factory clear a MFD it will not affect licensing (e.g. charting can typically be easily restored). Likely there was some type of network conflict, be mindful of other things that go into the network - if you add something to the network (radio, IP camera, etc.) also check to see if it affects the TZ2's again. :noway

If so, let us know and remove it, :sail

- Maggy

Back