Twin engine set up on GP1971F

sidswingerhead

I have just set up a NMEA 2000 network on my GP1971F with interface cables for engine data on my 2 x Etec engines. I am having difficulty in setting up a screen to show both engines data at the same time. I can read only one of the engines data depending on which engine was started 1st, even if both are running. If I set up a 3 screen display using 2 x smaller screens for engine data, both screens read the same engine data. Appreciate if someone could offer advise on twin engine set up and editing. Also, I cant find how to edit engine data for individual engines, such as naming the engines Port & Starboard.

The engine interface(s) are both putting out the same instance address value for either device, data or both. Each engine should be setup for different device and data instances so the display can tell which engine is which. Right now they are both stepping on each other with the same instance number. Once you correct that; it should work fine.

Thanks Johnny. I came to the same conclusion after a few hour of scratching my head and resetting the chart plotter to factory settings. Can you advise on how to correct the problem?

Johnny, Disregard the previous question thanks mate. I just read the ETec I-Command installation manual and found that I need to take the boat to a dealer and get the engines set up with a multiple engine identities. Thanks for your help mate, your answer was correct.

I don't know the details of that particular interface but many times they can be configured with a Mareton USB100 and the Mareton NMEA 2000 Analyzer software. It sounds like you are on the right track.

Sorry for late reply Johnny. The problem was resolved in 2 minutes. Simple fix by naming Port and Starboard engines and allocating instance numbers "Starboard" = 0 and "Port" = 1 as we suspected. Cheers mate and thanks for your help.

Back