Trying to find out the age of a Transducer

Gunner

Hi all - is there anyway of knowing the age of transducer by the information on the transducer. Code: 1508200. 28BL-12HR. DT00316

Hi Gunner
I will ask the parent company if they can tell age by what you have provided. My experience has been these types of transducers almost never go bad regardless of age unless they get hit by something and physically damaged or water is allowed to cover it and water wicks down into the unit/cable and kills the elements. Unlike others these units last at least 25+ years. You can always sweep the transducer to see its response curve. If you have a tester of almost any type, our support guys have baselines established you can compare to.

Hi Gunner
I will ask the parent company if they can tell age by what you have provided. My experience has been these types of transducers almost never go bad regardless of age unless they get hit by something and physically damaged or water is allowed to cover it and water wicks down into the unit/cable and kills the elements. Unlike others these units last at least 25+ years. You can always sweep the transducer to see its response curve. If you have a tester of almost any type, our support guys have baselines established you can compare to.
Thanks Johnny -

Gunner
Do you have a photo of the product carton? They think they can determine production date if you have that. They couldn't determine anything by the numbers you previously provided.

Gunner,

Here is some information that you might find helpful..? The CA28BL-12HR is 3kW 28kHz Commercial Application Transducer that has been around since 2004, and it was was designed with the following specifications:
  • High efficient transducer, that can operate with a wideband operating frequency that provides the ability to slew the transducer frequency by 10% without impairing any of the transducer's output power.
  • The transducer features a reinforced case designed for use in a variety of commercial applications.
  • The transducer has a "built-in" 100 ohm matching transformer to support transducer cable lengths up to 100 meters (328 ft.)
This is a pretty popular transducer that is widely used for North Pacific Fishing Fleet and has been proven to stand up to those extreme environments and was built to last.

- Deep Blue

Back