Transferring waypoints from NavNet1 to TZTL2

Edk

I am having a frustrating time transferring waypoints to my new TZTL15F. I had a Navnet1 system on my boat - before de-rigging it in preparation for the new electronics I exported all the waypoints and routes to my PC via GPSUtility. I exported in the Furuno CSV format.
When I went to upload the files to the new TZTL2 from the USB drive the files were not recognized - no files appeared as available for upload. I went back to my PC and exported the files as TZD files - that produced an xml file that I then added to a ZIP archive with an info.xml header. That file was recognized but depending on what I put in the WaypointRouteDatabase.xml file I either got an "import failed" error or an "attempt to load too many points" error.

I have created exported CSV and TZD files from the TZTL2 and tried to edit the CSV and XML files that I have without success. I have also tried to download the points and routes from the Navnet1 units again (hooked up to a 12V supply on the workbench) but the download stops after 7 waypoints have been downloaded :(

Is there a better way to do this? A trick to get the files in the correct format for the TZTL2? Better software to use?

I also have the FP1 user card that I can download to but nothing to read it with.

Ed

I just transferred all my points from my old Lowrance and Raymarine E120 using the Andren Seamarks software and i believe that when transferring waypoints and routes to the TZT unit the information has to be written in a Time Zero format.
The Seanmarks can imports points and routes from multiple manufacturers and can rewrite to whatever format u need.
If you have the Seamarks software you have to download a fix from their website that will enable the program to rewrite the points in Time Zero format.

Better than manually entering 1400 points

Back