Transducer connection cable vx2 style to 10 pin

J_P

My current boat came with a vx2 plotter and a dff1 sounder. It has two transducers. One was networked directly to the dff1 and the other was connected directly to the vx2. The transducer into the dff1 connects via the 10 pin and works with the upgraded tzt2 that I upgraded to just fine. The transducer that connected directly to the vx2 can no longer connect to my system. The issue that this has created is that I am no longer able to see SST as the transducer with the vx2 compatible connection had SST and the one with the 10 pin connection does not.

I purchased one connection cable to convert the SST transducer from the vx2 connection to 10 pin and it was the incorrect one. Can anyone tell me the airmar/furuno cable that will allow me to connect the vx2 compatible transducer cable to the 10 pin that will plug into the tzt2 so that I can get SST to my plotter?

Thanks

JP

J_P,
Since the VX2 doesn't have an internal sounder your transducer probably was a smart sensor. Can you confirm this and that it was plugged into port one of the VX2.

Snips

That is correct and confirmed Snips.

Does an adapter exist to get that SST data to my TZT2?

Thank you.

JP

J_P,
Thank you for confirming that.
VX2 was a NMEA 0183 and network product. Your smart sensor was NMEA 0183.
TZT2 is NMEA 2000 and network. You will need to add an IF-NMEA2K2 adapter to change the 0183 data to 2000.

Snips

Back