transducer and FCV 295 questions

A

Anonymous

Hi

I am thinking of getting a fcv 295 and want to go with a airmar tune able transducer, like the 209 LH or 509 LH. coupke of questions below.......

1) Am I correct in thinking I can change the freq to suit my different needs of fishing....
ie - 50 khz for deep water and 200khz for shallow water from the 1 transducer?

2) or am I best to go for 2 seperate Transducers like the following
38BL-15HR 38kHz 3kW and 200B-8B 200kHz 2kW

what would be the most beneficial and user friendly option. I am thinking the airmar would give me more options if I can dial in different freq to suit my needs and not be limited to just 38 and 200khz.....am I on the right track or not?

I have not used one of these units before.
I am changing from Simrad as had alot of issues with the BSM 3 unit and everything I have read suggests the fcv 295 is the way to go, especially for deeper water.

appreciate your input.
Cheers
Mark

Markdtrought,
The FCV-295 is a dual channel sounder so you will be able view two frequencies at the same time i.e. 38 & 200khz if you wanted to. While you can slew the frequencies I think it is better to find the frequency that the transducer works best at and leave it fixed at that frequency. Just know that the FCV-295 is blocked out from working in three different frequency ranges; 53-65, 111-139 and 171-183Khz.

Snips

I have the CM599/LH and the FCV 295 that I use for deep drop fishing. The FCv 295 is excellent I cannot say enough good things about it, does the job and more. On the transducer side of things the main issue I have found is placement for 2/3kw transducers. I have mine pole mounted off the side of my boat and it works really well no drop outs no interference at all mainly due to the fact that it is in clean water. I can mark individual fish quite deep and am more than happy with its performance. In my opinion mounting is the key once that is sorted your cookin with gas!

Blackie,
I can only echo your comments.
It all starts with the transducer, mounting and clean water flow.

Snips

Back