Tracks turning off

danderer

Furuno Fan
I want to have tracks being created all the time. I have it setup this way and to auto-delete when full.

Sometimes (?) track recording gets set to off. MAYBE it is associated with starting a new route, but maybe not.

Is there any logic in the system that would explain what I think I'm seeing?

It’s simple and quite honestly terrible system design. There s a limit to how much track storage exists in a 4500$ state of the art MFD and when it fills up, off goes the tracks.

I have mine set to update every 30 seconds and I can’t get through a 36 hour trip without having to delete parts of the track.

And as you said - it just shuts you off as opposed to doing any sort of 21st century user friendly interface. How hard is it to detect memory is 95% full and at least give you a warning as opposed to just shutting off.

I solved my own problem. It’s another bug in the software…

As mentioned I was running out of track points on a 36 hour trip when the time interval was set to 30 seconds as shown below.

I upped the interval to the next one below 1’00s which I naively assumed meant one minute. Wrong! Whatever it really represents I can assure you it runs out of oount# far quicker than the 30 second interval.

Hey Furuno techs - how about having some sort of variable time interval where depending on speed the points get recorded more densely at a slow speed and more sparsely at a higher speed and as mentioned previous, gives you some sort of warning when your point storage is at 80 or 90% full.

Back