Timezero 4.1 not communicating routes to TZT2 15 MFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

eheffa

Hi all,

BEWARE! Think twice before upgrading your Time Zero Navigator Software...

I just upgraded my Time Zero Navigator from 3.x to version 4.1. (I thought the 4.1 weather / current routing functions etc might be good to have but these are not working in my coastal waters, so that is disappointing but worse than that it's removed the route sharing!)

This seemingly innocent upgrade makes it so that you cannot send routes from the PC to the Furuno Plotter.

I have upgraded the TZT2 software to version 6.1 but still no joy. I see in the fine print that TZT2 plotters need version 7 software to be compatible with the route sharing function of Timezero. Furuno is not showing this version of the software on their website.

Does anyone know where I can find version 7 to restore this vital functionality to my system?

If I sound upset, I guess I am, as it is so annoying to spend money on upgrades that break perfectly good older versions.

Any suggestions appreciated.

-evan

I understand the frustration. It is much like upgrading your operation system of the PC and finding out some of your old programs won't fully run. Unfortunately that needs to be considered before updating any software. This has all been discussed her already in other forum threads. V7 is not yet available, but should be by early July. If you are a Furuno USA customer with TZT2 and V4, you can always join the beta program which is currently available and working well. You would need to contact technical support with your TZ Pro licence. The v7 software will be offered free of charge, once available. Keep in mind that if your TZT2 is updated to v7 or v7 beta it will no longer network with any TZT series one units.

Thank you Johnny,

Sorry if this subject has been covered already. (I did do a cursory search...)

It would be good if TimeZero were to warm users about Potential lost functionality. I certainly had no warning that the single most useful feature of TimeZero -sending routes to the plotter- would be lost in this upgrade. I’m just glad I don’t have an older MFD as there would be no hope of restoring this functionality.

I only have the one Helm on my boat & only one TZT2 MFD.

Is the version 7 Beta working well? (No other surprises or lost functionality on the TZTouch?)

I will contact technical support.

Thank you.

- evan

So I have contacted Furuno Technical Support.

They tell me I have to wait for the, now long overdue, Version 7 release to restore my ability to coordinate routes between TZ NAVIGATOR and the TZTtouch 2.

I am not happy that there were no easily visible warnings posted that "upgrading" to TZNav 4.1 would break the communications between these devices.

I will try and restore the older version 3.x to restore this essential functionality. What it won't restore is my faith that Time Zero and Furuno have their act together.

Sorry, I don't take any pleasure in saying this, but this is BIG fail on the part of Furuno and Time Zero.

-evan

Are you outside the USA? Furuno USA has a beta program you can join if you are a USA customer. Any warning that might be possible would have to be with the Nobeltec software. You might make that suggestion to Nobeltec. This is a Furuno USA support forum as is the beta program. If outside the USA, you should contact your local Furuno Distributor. If a Furuno USA customer and wish to join the beta, PM me your information because support should have been willing to sign you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back