Temp not marking correctly - 525ST-MSD transducer

E

echavez1

I have the 525ST-MSD transducer/f block

It's been working fine overall, but the temp stopped marking properly, it seems to be about 10degrees colder than the water temp is actually at.

Is there a way to fix, adjust or test it either on the water or off?

Thanks,
Cesar

echavez1,

It sound like the thermistor which that is internal to the transducer might be going bad, it rarely the cable or sounder.

There is also an option to replace your speed insert with one that contains a replacement temp sensor. You might discuss the various options with your dealer.

Deep Blue - ;)

You might also check your temp offset setting in the unit for the sounder. It could be that you can just adjust (calibrate) the temp there. The forum also has postings describing how to OHM out your transducer temp sensor to tell if it is bad or not.

Thanks for the response guys. I'll try the offset and if that does not work then I'll look into the replacement speed insert with the temp sensor. Would you happen to have a part # to get a quote on the cost for it?

Thanks,
Cesar

echavez1,
The temperature sensor for that transducer is in the main bronze housing which is a component that Furuno USA doesn't offer. However if you contact Gemeco (843-210-7000) and give them the part number they may have them available.

Snips

Back