Sounder issues following update?

Last month, I updated both of my TZT3-16 units to 3.70.1 and also brought my DFF-3D up to v1.06.

What a welcome improvement for the 50kHz portion of my 165T-50/200-TM260 xducer! I found the best setting was simply trusting the Auto Fishing mode. The update really made a significant improvement in marking fish, even 150-190 feet down. Pretty impressive.

But,,,,after the update, the rest of my transducers went nearly completely dead. See the attached pictures. The left side of the port TZT3 shows a nice pod of coho salmon down 150 feet to the bottom on the 50 kHz, but very few marks from the 200 kHz beam. Weird.

On the starboard TZT3, the problem is even worse. The Multi-beam display is also set to Auto Fish mode and while it picks up the bottom, it isn’t marking any fish at all. Weird, as it used to mark all kinds of fish before the updates.

The B175HW display (upper right of the stbd TZT3) is nearly blank as well, including the bottom lock portion which should be picking up the majority of the pod of fish. That’s even weirder as that transducer isn’t connected to my DFF-3D.

Changing the xducer settings to Manual just results in more clutter and few fish marks. For now, I’ve just started relying on the 50 kHz screen, but somehow I have to get back to where I was before the updates when all my transducers marked fish.

Very odd - any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Furuno 1.jpeg

Furuno 2.jpeg

Back