Software update - Fishhunter Drive

Indyspecracer

I’ve been buying gear for my new boat and will be installing and updating software soon. My boat will have 2x Suzuki 200 AP outboards and a Navpilot 300. Lucky me, looks like I will be using the new fishhunter Drive capabilities. Is there an available software update for the NavPilot 300 available? I’ve done some searching with no luck. Thanks

Keep checking the website or periodically check in with your dealer. Our engineers are just working out the final details in the software, when it becomes available we will post it to our "News Room" and update the software tab in product support page.

Stay tuned, :sail

- Maggy

Has this software been released? Also have new 200AP with SPC 2.0 and the new Suzuki features aren’t available.

The new Navpilot 300 software should be available by the end of June. It will require a kit be purchased that will come with warning stickers that are required for the operator and transom area. This software will only be available in factory units and via that update kit to ensure that the proper warnings are placed. It won't be posted for direct download. The software will not be any benefit to anyone running any older SUZUKI engines older than mid/late 2022. If you are sure you have the newer engines; the software kit for the pilot will be available in about 45 days.

Copy, thanks for the update. Bit disappointing will have to purchase the update for these features in addition to the Navpilot bundle but it is what it is. I do have the new Suzukis that are compatible.

Bilntime":1ld3dmql said:
Any plans for FishHunter Drive to be available for Mercury outboards?

Thanks for your interest in FishHunter, unfortunately it is still in development so any future compatibility with other manufacturers is unknown at this time. :sorry

- Maggy

Any updates? I’m waiting for a DF250AP that should arrive in Boston later this month and want to know how I can be sure that it will be compatible? It has SPC 2.0 but I don’t know exactly what “mid 2022” means or if there’s a particular serial number cut off for instance?

Suzuki should be the best to ask about compatibility of their engine to this new feature. We are still awaiting official release software on the Navpilot 300 but I do see they are taking steps to release it in the next month or so. Once released, dealers should be notified by bulletin and we will announce here in the Furuno news.

21Outrage":3ue5xe0c said:
Any updates? ... how I can be sure that it will be compatible?

Currently all that has been publicly released or that we're aware of, is what has been written from the official announcement (you can read it here) where we said:

Furuno USA":3ue5xe0c said:
FishHunter™ Drive features are available in combination with the Furuno NavPilot 300 and specific SUZUKI outboards outfitted with both hydraulic steering and Dometic Optimus Electronics steering systems, including the DF140BG, DF115BG, DF150AP, DF175AP, DF200AP, DF250AP, DF300AP, DF300B, DF325A, and DF350A outboards.

So the take away is, compatible motors will have "hydraulic steering and a dometic optimus EVS."

Hope this helps clarify a little, :sail

- Maggy

The software is out at the factory for coming stock but we are still awaiting software update kits to be available for older Pilots who wish to update to the Suzuki software. Needed will be a mid 2022 Suzuki engine that supports the features, a Suzuki gateway (pn 34923-96L12) and the pilot upgraded to the newer software. The software update kit with Furuno USA is part number SUZ-PLT-SOF but not yet in stock. Outside of the USA, please get with your local distributor.

All real autopilots require heading.
The Furuno pilots can use heading from other brands and sources but you must ensure it is good quality data. I was on a NP300 install with a fluxgate from another brand that would throw the heading off 20 degrees whenever the boat pitched on acceleration and 20 degree the other way when the boat quickly decelerated. It drove us crazy until we replaced it with a PG700. Now most people are opting for the SCX20 Sat compass. Pilots live by the heading and the hydraulics. If you give it poor or mediocre of either there is a price to be paid on performance.

From Furuno SUZ-PLT-SOF is currently available and in stock from your authorized dealer but to complete a system, the needed gateway is not yet available from SUZUKI. Please check with them on estimated availability of their products(s).

Just saw on Furuno FB that software update was available to download? Is this true or do you need to purchase, can’t find it anywhere.

Back