Software Update - 1834C/NT

A

Anonymous

Hello all,

I have never updated my software previously and noiticed some posts outlining that I may need to install each update one by one. I am unsure as to what version I may have but I believe it is Format NMEA0183 Version 2.0. I was curious if someone could point me in the right direction as far as getting each individual version seeing that they are no longer listed on the Faruno site.

current program 195002401.06.03 Reviewing past responces they refer to a link that must be sent seperately. please provide same link for upgrade purpose

Thanks in advance!

they will email you an update to bring you current.. they sent it to me and it took literally less than 2 minutes...I had version 1.06 (from 2006)... the machine runs awesome now...my redraw was super slow and now it is how it should be..

Thank you for your insight.

waiting for their replay. will then proceed with upgraded . Frustrated

thanks

Software Update - 1834C/NT
by marki966 » Sat May 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Hello all,

I have never updated my software previously and noiticed some posts outlining that I may need to install each update one by one. I am unsure as to what version I may have but I believe it is Format NMEA0183 Version 2.0. I was curious if someone could point me in the right direction as far as getting each individual version seeing that they are no longer listed on the Faruno site.

current program 195002401.06.03 Reviewing past responces they refer to a link that must be sent seperately. please provide same link for upgrade purpose

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by marki966 on Tue May 20, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
marki966

PLEASE PROVIDE THE LINK PROVIDED TO OTHERS IN REFFERANCE TO SOFTWARE UPDATE CONCERNING
PROGRAM 195002401.06.03

I CURRENTLY USE C-MAP MAX

THANK YOU

I had my boat in to a local shop that is highly respected, across the river from you. When I asked them to check the update on my Furuno VX2, they looked at me as if I had two heads. "It is working fine." was the answer I got.

How do I get update files or at least see the list of items updated so I know whether to drive to your shop?

It is a used boat, new to me. I have yet to see how to determine what series of software is installed. 10" and 7" unit.

Scappoose, OR

Run the self-test of the unit.
(MENU - SYSTEM CONFIG - SYSTEM SETUP - TEST & CLEAR - MEMORY I/O TEST - DISPLAY UNIT TEST)

What is the program number shown at the top of your screen?

1934C/NT shows 195002402.02
GP1720C/NT shows 195002803001
I have a DFF1 but unknown how to check it.
System has an open array radar, 4 Kw.

Randy
Scappoose, OR

Also, the prior owner said I have weather that I can subscribe to, the boat has two Sirius antennas, one on the bow and one on top of the boat.

Will the MFD show me the devices that are connected? I'm hesitant to open up the helm to find the units.

Your 1934C/NT reflects that it has version 2.02 C-MAP software that dates back to 2007. This is prior to supporting the Furuno weather receivers. (BBWX1 & BBWX2)

This unit can be easily updated by following the instructions and posted software under the SOFTWARE tab of the product page. Here is a direct link to the 1934C/NT product page.

http://furunousa.com/Products/ProductDe ... t+Plotters

You should select the CCFL software.

Your GP1720C/NT reflects 3.01 software dating to late 2007. It should also be updated to the current software in the same manner. (Using the software posted unit it's product page)

You could price the service with your local authorized dealer, if you don't want to conduct it yourself.

Back