Sharing Transducers On GP1971F

pfrith44

Is it possible to share transducers on a GP1971F, using some type of "A/B" switch? Suppose I have a 600W P66 and I also wish to add a 600W CHIRP transducer to use in deeper water? Could I simply install a "switch" (If one even exists with the right interface) , allowing me to select between my CHIRP and non-CHIRP transducers? If so, it would seem I would have to change the transducer settting in the GP1971F each time to select the transducer in use. Or, is this idea merely a pipe dream?
Thank You.

It isn't a good idea because you would need to turn off fish finder transmit, make the switch and then change settings. If you forget to turn off the transmission you would be at high odds of damaging the sounder or the transducer. Due to cost of transducers and installs, it would be better to have two units.

It isn't a good idea because you would need to turn off fish finder transmit, make the switch and then change settings. If you forget to turn off the transmission you would be at high odds of damaging the sounder or the transducer. Due to cost of transducers and installs, it would be better to have two units.
Got it. Thank You.

Back