Scx20

rockfshr

Furuno Super Fan
I have a Tzt2 connected to scx20. I have the 3 axis speed numeric displayed in my data box on Tzt2. There are three items displayed. I understand the center reading SOG. But can you explain the top and bottom read outs? When I turn starboard the top and bottom arrow’s point towards the port and when I turn port the arrows point towards the starboard. I use this info to judge my drift but it seems to be opposite to what is thought.

Thank you

Page 13-15 para 13.3.8 talks about the 3-axis display in detail for the SCX33/SCX20. If you haven't configured your exact GPS (SCX20) and transducer locations on the boat, that might account for any odd readings you are showing. I would recommend looking over this part of the manual and checking the "GPS Position" and boat size settings in initial setup. If you have the DFF3D it is really important to setup the transducer location offset.

https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... manual.pdf

Thank you Johnny. I have looked at that in the manual several times and I will revisit my set up but one question. Assuming the set up is correct is it correct to say if the boat was in a starboard turn the top arrow should point to the starboard ( direction of the bow) and the bottom arrow should be point to the port( direction of the stern)?

Correct. Think of the sat compass (measurement point) as being a fixed axis. (This is why the location/placement infomation setup is important to having correct measurements) If turning the bow starboard the bow arrow will show an arrow pointing starboard while the stern will turn roughly the same speed port as the boat spins on that axis. Now if the boat is not turning but you are being pushed into the dock sideways, you will see both arrows point the same direction as the boat is sliding the same direction. The setup of the sensor(GPS) location is absolutely critical or the three axis data will be incorrect.

While less complex than our commercial products, you can always look at the GS-100 or DS-60 manuals on how they explain it. They are much more complicated because they even calculate based on boat weight and other factors. If the information wasn't making sense, it is most likely that the installer didn't setup the location values for the SCX20 so the Axis location is/was incorrect.

Yup, I’m the installer so it’s probably wrong. I have a 26’ regulator with a bracket. Should the length of the boat include the bracket and engines or stop at the stern?

Back