Radar Heading Adjustment

A

Anonymous

I can not find a method to adjust the radar heading using my Navnet1 or VX2 displays. I have done what the manual says to do by getting into the installation setup and going to radar setup, but the radar setup button doesn't do anything.

I have tried using both my Navnet 1 GD1700 and my VX2 display with the same result.

Even the manual says that the Radar Setup button is not used.

Any suggestion on how to proceed?

Thanks,

Blaine

First, verify what NN has the radar cable physically plugged into it. That's the one you need to perform any adjustments on. If the system won't let you into the Radar Setup page, then the Network Setup page isn't telling the NN to look at itself for the radar; i.e. if the device number is 3, then the radar source should also be 3. If they are the same then, Radar Setup should allow access and choose Next Page to get to Heading Adjust feature.

Thank you.

Your recommendation worked great.

We just did 1100 miles from Mobile to central Illinois. Having the radar heading corrected made a world of difference.

Thanks,

Blaine

I don't know if this is related to the heading adjustment we made as we installed an AIS receiver about the same time.

If there is a river barge as a target on the radar screen, the load (barges) appears correct on the radar screen, but the AIS target (push boat) does not line up with the location or direction of the barge when the barge is some distance away.

As we move closer to the barge, the AIS target will get closer and align with the radar target.

If you compare the AIS target on the radar and the plotter, you can see the difference on the attached photo.

Thanks,

Blaine

Attachments

• Radar.jpg
    Radar.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 3,183
Would you please post a picture of full screen radar/chart plotter overlay? Your current picture indicates that you have heading input. This would help in trying to determine if there's a problem.

TheReaper":2ec10dlt said:
Would you please post a picture of full screen radar/chart plotter overlay? Your current picture indicates that you have heading input. This would help in trying to determine if there's a problem.

It will be spring time before I can get an overlay photo. The boat is on the hard inside a building for the winter.

Thanks,

Blaine

By looking at your photo it appears that your radar antenna type setting is wrong; resulting in the radar video being 180 out. I recommend ensuring your setup has the correct radar antenna type and then doing the radar video alignment (heading adjust) from your radar setup page. If that doesn't work, please post a photo with the radar overlay when you can.

Back