Question on Bbwgps

A

Anonymous

I just purchased a used Navnet 1. I have the Screen , Dff1, 1kw Transducer, and a Bbwgps. When I received the items the Bbwgps's cord was cut and has no plug , I have a black cable though that plugs into a data port but is not the plug for the bbwgps because it has different color wires. I was wondering if there is a wiring diagram for this? Also if I bought the extension cable for it even though I really just need the plug I would guess cause it has enough wire, Would the color of the wires be the same in the extension cable as the bbwgps in case their is no wire code? I also have 1 more question. I don't know if I should ask it here or under the Navnet 1 section. I am going to update the Navnet 1 so it takes the FP C-map cards. I see that the DFF1(which is the older model I would think) has a rj45 to the data plug cable that came with it . Would this work for the update from pc to navnet direct? Is it a crossover cable or just straight ? Just wondering because it said running the Navnet straight to the PC would require it to be a crossover without a hub. Well this sums it up . Just need to figure these couple things out and I will be ready to fish .. :D

I have a black cable though that plugs into a data port but is not the plug for the bbwgps because it has different color wires. I was wondering if there is a wiring diagram for this?

I don't think I have ever seen a 7 pin cable that was black. It sounds like a 6 pin (that wont work for this purpose). If you can provide the MJ number normally down the side of the cable I might be able to be more helpful.

Also if I bought the extension cable for it even though I really just need the plug I would guess cause it has enough wire, Would the color of the wires be the same in the extension cable as the bbwgps in case their is no wire code?

Yes the extension cable should have the same color code as the BBWGPS.

I am going to update the Navnet 1 so it takes the FP C-map cards. I see that the DFF1(which is the older model I would think) has a rj45 to the data plug cable that came with it . Would this work for the update from pc to navnet direct? Is it a crossover cable or just straight ? Just wondering because it said running the Navnet straight to the PC would require it to be a crossover without a hub. Well this sums it up .

The DFF1 (newer than NN1) has a RJ45 connection. When connecting directly to the display network port (not using hub), it must be a cross over cable for it to communicate properly.

Ok so I have the BBWGPS wired correctly with the new extension cable so that is done. I have been trying to order a crossover cable 6 pin to rj45 so I can update the RDP-139 vx1's software so I can use the new cmap fp card. Also this same cable should be the one I need that hooks the RDP-139 to the new Dff1 correct? The cable is #000-159-704. So far everywhere I call this cable is out of stock till mid July...So I basically can't fish until I get this cable because I have no fish finder for depth and no real gps map... Could I use the display cable that furuno sells with the 6 pin - rj45 with a crossover rj45 adapter? Or if that don't work could I use this Black 6 pin Furuno cable that I got used with the vx1 and wire it to a common ethernet cable or crossover cable? If so is there a wiring diagram? I hope something will work cause I just want to get out salmon fishing but this is a key piece of equipment.. I also have the blue ethernet cable that came with the dff1 if I could use that to wire up to that 6 pin cable I have... Any help would be much appreciated...

I have been trying to order a crossover cable 6 pin to rj45 so I can update the RDP-139 vx1's software so I can use the new cmap fp card. Also this same cable should be the one I need that hooks the RDP-139 to the new Dff1 correct?

Correct

The cable is #000-159-704. So far everywhere I call this cable is out of stock till mid July...So I basically can't fish until I get this cable because I have no fish finder for depth and no real gps map... Could I use the display cable that furuno sells with the 6 pin - rj45 with a crossover rj45 adapter?

000-159-704 is only 1 meter long. You might see if you can get the longer (more common) version 000-159-705. A Furuno dealer can also normally use a 6 pin network cable and put an RJ45 on it for you. If you do find a straight MJ6 to RJ45, you could in fact (as you suggest) use a cross over adaptor from a computer store.

Or if that don't work could I use this Black 6 pin Furuno cable that I got used with the vx1 and wire it to a common ethernet cable or crossover cable? If so is there a wiring diagram?

It should be possible to build a network cable from a 6 pin cable depending on the part number. If you post the MJA6xxxxxx part number normally printed on it, I can provide you wiring information. Otherwise you would have to ohm out the cable.

I ended up getting it updated by making the cable myself. Thanks for your help Johnny it was much appreciated. This year I bought a 30k boat which dented the bank account so I will be using this navnet 1 for now with the dff1 and 1k ducer . This X-mas I will ask the wife for one of those new 3d displays. Very excited to try the machine out. I ended up inserting the na-c101 cmap chart into the machine and it shows depth for lake huron and superior but not the northern part of lake michigan. They show the upper part of lake michigan is included on the picture for the chip but as soon as I go west not to far from the mackinac bridge it stops showing me depth on the map. Wondering if this is because I have a setting wrong or jeppsen is false advertising with the pictures . I am going to read the manual to see if it is a setting which I hope it is because I couldn't Imagine the wife letting me buy another chip for $180.

Hi Johnny, I have a similar problem in I upgraded to a DFF1 on a Navnet VX2 but have an existing 6 pin to 6 pin cable from the old BFF1.
I know I can get a 000-159-705 cable but would like to just put an RJ45 end on the one I have.
Would you be able to provide the pinouts to the RJ45 end?

Thanks
Dave

Since the existing 6 pin to 6 pin cable is a crossover cable, the color are swapped internally. You will need to use an ohm meter to determine the proper color code once you cut the off. If nothing else has changed on your network but the sounder replacement, then you will need to wire the RJ45 connector also as a cross-over. The pin out should be as follows.

MJ6 ------- RJ45
Pin 4 ----- Pin 4

6pin.jpg

Back