PG-500 with NAVpilot 711

F

Futuro

Hello everyone,
I trying to connect the PG-500 heading sensor to the FAP-7002 processor unit.
I connected it as shown in manual the following way:

In the PG-500 the 12/24VDC port - black and red cables connected to the power source, all others isolated.

In the PG-500 the NMEA - cables connected to the TB6 port 1 of the FAP-7002 this way: Yellow(to 1), Green(to 2), White(to 3), Black(to 4) and shield.

When I turning on the autopilot the display says: heading sensor "NG" and the PG-500 slowly blinks.

This is an deviation error or I connected wrong way, or wrong port? :sorry What I should do? :think

Thank you!

P.S this set worked together in another ship, but I don't know how they had it connected.

Good morning Futuro,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your based on the info you provided, your wiring should be good. I would try to do a memory clear on the compass and start from the beginning. Try the following procedure below and lets see what happens.

Clear Memory.JPG

Thank you for the reply!

How long I should hold the buttons? I reset the power source for whole system while holding both buttons for approx 20-30sec while all LEDs blinking. When I release, all LED's blinks few times, and Status led starts to blink fast.

The autopilot unit still can't receive the heading data. :(
What I should do? :huh

A little bit offtop, but maybe it will help me: I would like to reset all the autopilot system to the initial settings, to setup the system from beginning (languages, type of board, units etc). How I can do that? Unfortunately I cannot find it in manual.

Thank you.

Good morning Futuro,

I would try to clear the compass again. It does not sound like the clear procedure was successful.

Please also verify that you have the correct baud rate set on the NMEA Port that the compass is wired to. You will need to access the installation menu: NMEA 0183 setup. The default baud rate for the compass is 4800. Choose the NMEA port the compass is wired to and verify the port is set to 4800. Once the baud rate has been verified you will need to tell the autopilot where to look for the compass. This can be found in the installation setup: Sensor Selection. Choose heading and select the NMEA port that the compass is wired to.

If the compass cannot be cleared then it may have to be sent in for service.

Back