PBG not working

kjohn911

I have TZT3 9" with DFF3D and 164T-TM54. I can start the PBG recording with the swipe right and the icon turns yellow. I have DFF3D selected for map. When I look at the map it does not show PBG being generated. Am I missing something?

May be your depth shading settings in your chart plotter. Are you seeing any lines at all?

Assume you are running an SCX 20 too?

I don't have scx-20. I'm using the tzt3 internal. Only line I see is the track and contour lines. I don't see the PBG line at all. The option is there to turn on, but when selected it doesn't show anything. I also noticed I can't mark new point when using any features of the DFF3D (i.e. history mode or triducer).

Attached a picture to show what I'm talking about. See the "new point" is grayed out. The "fish it" is grayed also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240527-185053.png
    Screenshot_20240527-185053.png
    2 MB · Views: 7
I'm afraid you need an SCX 20 sat compass to unlock all of the above features. Speaking from experience as I went through the same thing. Until then you will only have live 3D, no history, pbg etc

I'm afraid you need an SCX 20 sat compass to unlock all of the above features. Speaking from experience as I went through the same thing. Until then you will only have live 3D, no history, pbg etc
That's what I was afraid of. I will confirm with Furuno customer service. Thanks so much for your response!

That's what I was afraid of. I will confirm with Furuno customer service. Thanks so much for your response!
Spoke with Furuno and you are correct. Need to have a heading sensor on the boat. TZT3 has internal GPS, but no heading sensor. Doesn't have to be the SCX-20, but needs a heading sensor.

Back