Other devices on Ethernet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkearney99

Furuno Super Fan
I have a four MFD12 network running. I plugged a PC into an open port on the HUB101 (after confirming power was off to that port) and it's not getting a DHCP address. Should it?

One of my MFD12's is configured as Master, the other three are not. Does this mean the MFD will issue DHCP leases to the network?

If I set the PC manually to 172.31.24.100 it can reach the FA-50 on 172.31.24.3, but no other devices show up via ping. Should they?

Everything is into one HUB101 and all their associated port lights are lit on it.

Is there anyway on an MFD12 to see what IP address it's using?

If I run Wireshark on the wire I do see a number of other IP addresses. 172.31.100 254, 172.31.254.7 and 172.31.24.3 (the FA-50).

I saw a technote mentioning IP cameras needing to be on 172.31.200.3-thru-6. I don't have any now, so those aren't on the network, but what's with the 200 range?

Is there any info available about the IP setup of a MFD12 network?

Curiously, I put a Maretron IGP00 (N2k to Ethernet) gateway on the hub and it DID get an address. Well, I think so, it shows up in Maretron's software with the IP address of 172.31.254.11, which I'm assuming it obtained from the MFD12 Master. Is that a correct assumption?

If so, any particular reason a PC wouldn't get an address?

And if I have to manually assign the address (which I'm ok with) what range should I use (and which ones should I NOT use)?

What exactly is the problem you are trying to solve? No the NN3D MFD does not assign IP addresses. The master setting is only for dealing with purchased chart licences.

No "problem" per se, but looking into having just one network on-board. I could, I suppose, isolate the MFD network from the rest, but that'd require one more network device. Along with it's power requirements and programming.

If the 'master' MFD doesn't issue DHCP leases, how do the other devices know how to assign themselves or find each other? The FA-50 seems to default to 172.31.24.3 and the cameras need to be on 172.31.200.

Is there a tech note or other info available on how the IP network is set up for a NavNet3D-based installation?

Most devices have fixed IP address or they automatically assign their own address based on what is already on the network. There is a software development kit that can be purchased with all that type of information, if you qualify. Please contact Furuno Support for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back