NN3 to TZT2 Bridge?

backman

Furuno Fan
I asked this question 2 years ago, ask it again now hoping there is a now a solution.

Is there any part of NMEA2000 bridge between an old NN3 network and a single new TZT2 screen?

I have 4 NN3 MFDs, a DRS4, UHD1, FA50 and BBWX1 in my NN3 net and one secondary MFD is
Failing. I’d like to replace that one single MFD-12 with a TZT2-14 without having to do the whole system at once. I’d be happy to make that one TZT2 screen GPS only if I could get AIS and Radar overlay out of NN3 and onto that TZT2 screen.

Possible in 2019?

There is no direct network compatibility between the NN3D and TZT2. You talked about a TZT2-14 but maybe you are thinking about the TZT14? The NN3D can be networked with the TZT series one that includes the TZT9, TZT14, and TZTBB. If you wanted to add a TZT14 to your network, that would be possible. If you want to move to TZT2 (TZTL12F, TZTL15F, TZT2BB), you would have to take the full jump into it. Most of our items would work on the newer systems as you move forward.

I have a tzt14 on a mixed nn3d environment and it works great. Charts are shared as well as waypoints and tracks. All network devices are accessible to both tzt and nn3d except for the dff3d that is only available to the tzt.

Back