NMEA 0183 Output

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if the TZT2 is compatible with the new Yamaha Command Link Digital Display (6YC information station)? The display is able to read GPS data from a MFD, and mine is hooked up via NMEA 0183. Is there a certain setting the TZT2 needs to be in to allow it to output the correct information?

The VHF is also hooked up with NMEA 0183 and it is communicating with the TZT2, showing time and GPS coordinates.

Appreciate the input.

Thank you.

The 6YC connects via NMEA2000. You'd need to connect the Command Link gateway to the NMEA2000 backbone using an adaptor and also the Furuno to the backbone for communication.

However, I don't think the 6YC can display GPS data? I have the unit and have been through the user's manual. The unit only displays engine parameters unless I'm missing something. You could go the other way and show engine output on the Furuno though. After connecting to the NMEA2000 backbone the 6YC would show up as being connected. You'd go into your gauge page and set it up.

I have to rescind what I said. Look at 2.3.2 of the installation manual
Do you have "NMEA0198 Out" set on the TZ2? Do you have "GPS ON" set on the unit? If you do it is 1 of 2 things. Either the baud rate is wrong or I've read that the blue and white wires are sometimes reversed in the harness. Hope this helps.

Back