New Tztouch Navnet 2 15" shut down issues

Richard yoon

Hi,

Bought the new unit with a radar, sounder/3D transducer, vhf, auto pilot package that went for more than $24,000 back in middle of June. It shuts off and will not power up first month. Have to shut off power to re boot the whole system every trip. Added a battery because Long Beach marine thinks it may be a power issue, but still shuts off completely after the 2nd battery install. Longbeach marine takes out the unit and they send it back to Furuno and Furuno replaces the main board. It works fine for about 3 short trips but when out for 2 days it shuts off again. I read somewhere that others were having similar problems but did not find anyone with a solution. Now, Longbeach marine took the unit off the boat for the second time and they are saying they don't know what is causing the complete shut down. What's really scary is that on the last trip, it shut off right before entering the Long Beach harbor in the fog with container ships and bunch of other ships in transit. Literally sh%t in my pants. No radar, No GPS, No autopilot....Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hello.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your new system.

When the units shut down, you said you cannot turn them back on correct?

What color is the power light when the unit shuts down?

How are these units installed on the boat?

Hi,

If I cut the power then it reboots up. Just takes bit of time.

power light is red/orange.

unit is flush mounted.

Furuno seems to think it's the hot temperature but it runs fine all day after the reboot which takes few minutes, so it can't be the heat. Btw, it's been cold and there's ample room for ventillation.

It happens almost every trip. usually only once in a whole trip.

Just one unit of the TZT2.

Is there anyway I can get a replacement from Furuno on another unit and see if it will happen to another unit? Longbeach marine is trying to run the unit in a box trying to increase the heat and duplicate the issue. I just don't think that's the issue. I have two Furuno units on my other Parker boat that's dash mounted and had 0 problems for last 10 years.

I think it might be the unit that all the units are plugged into. I have radar, auto pilot, vhf, sounder. everything else stays on and has no issues.

Hi Richard,

This being more of an in-depth troubleshooting case, I would recommend you click on the link below and start a case. I will keep my eye out for your case and take it over. There is going to be a couple things I am going to have you do for me but will need you to start a case.

(http://www.FurunoUSA.com - Support - Ask a question)

Thank you,

FYI, my buddies TZT2 shuts down multiple times a day. Mine never did it until recently and now it does it just sometimes. But, it just turns off. Sometimes it will come back on, usually I have to turn it back on. Or, it will come back on but cannot be turned off and acts wonky. These issues have been ongoing and updates didn't work, wiring checks didn't change anything.

One of my tzt2 units cuts off and then cuts itself back on/off. It also dims itself which dims the other unit which is a pain in the day when you can see to brighten it back up. I have to pull the fuse for it and let it sit for awhile and it will go back to working right. My units have good ventilation and it did it the other week when we went to the rigs and the temperature was only 65 degrees outside. I sent it to furuno and they said they couldn't find an issue and now it's out of warranty so I just deal with it until I can replace with something else

Jagsare1":3bsd0n0n said:
FYI, my buddies TZT2 shuts down multiple times a day. Mine never did it until recently and now it does it just sometimes. But, it just turns off. Sometimes it will come back on, usually I have to turn it back on. Or, it will come back on but cannot be turned off and acts wonky. These issues have been ongoing and updates didn't work, wiring checks didn't change anything.

What is the software you are currently running?

Does the unit reboot and come back up right away or does the power light go red and doesn't want to come back on, or both?

syrupdawg":1845fwco said:
One of my tzt2 units cuts off and then cuts itself back on/off. It also dims itself which dims the other unit which is a pain in the day when you can see to brighten it back up. I have to pull the fuse for it and let it sit for awhile and it will go back to working right. My units have good ventilation and it did it the other week when we went to the rigs and the temperature was only 65 degrees outside. I sent it to furuno and they said they couldn't find an issue and now it's out of warranty so I just deal with it until I can replace with something else

Do you have the ground connected on the unit off of the wing nut on the back of the TZT2?

I've experienced when getting noise or interference onto the unit, it does weird things like that. Connecting the ground usually solves that issue.

kicker":38745oez said:
syrupdawg":38745oez said:

Do you have the ground connected on the unit off of the wing nut on the back of the TZT2?

I've experienced when getting noise or interference onto the unit, it does weird things like that. Connecting the ground usually solves that issue.

Im working with tech support as well on this issue on my TZT2. Did you resolve this and if so how?

Back