New Style Power Supply

Omega

Mounted my DFF3 UHD box ND was a little confused at power supply so I left that for a later date. Opened up a box when I got home to TZT3 and found same style cable.

RED to +DC
BLUE to -DC
Bare Shield to ?
Green Earth Bonding system
Also to - DC Neg
Cut it off

Also what % of installs do people connect green earth wire to studd on chasis of unit? 20230319_183427.jpg20230319_183456.jpg

The bonded ground lug should be only connected to a bonded ground, never include DC- on that. The cable shield varies by product and one should always refer to the interconnection diagram (pg S-1) to see what is done with that shield. Many units it is not connected and others they want it connected to the bonded system. Looking at the manual for the DFF3-UHD the shield wire of the power cable is not connected to anything. It is internally grounded for EMI protection and the other end should not be connected.

Thank you for DFF3 UHD explanation. My unit shipped without a manual. I have been viewing online from website.

From looking at my TZT3 manual under wiring diagram it appears the shield wire is also left unattached.

20230320_080313.jpg

I am aware that only green bonding wire is intended to be connected to chassis earth stud but am curious what % of installs actually connect electronic devices to green earth on vessel.

Smaller vessels without established bonding system, not many unless they encounter issues with noise. Larger vessels, with established bonding systems; all of them should.

Back