NAVPILOT 711C drive error

islandtime

We're receiving an error on our 711C as shown on the attached photo - "Bypass/clutrch drive error Please turn OFF and check drive circuit." This unit is connected to our NMEA 2000 network with TZT2's and an SCX-20 satellite antenna. We've tried turning it off and on numerous times, but no change. Is there any more troubleshooting advice out there?

Attachments

• IMG_1759.JPEG
    IMG_1759.JPEG
    548.2 KB · Views: 651
Is your pilot running the most current software?
Is the termination plug on the back of your control head?
Is there anything connected to the clutch connection (TB3); if so what is it?

This is an old thread but I received this error and it went away after I purged my hydraulic steering system. It's possible that there was some air in the lines causing this issue.

seaveepete":xftg69pe said:
This is an old thread but I received this error and it went away after I purged my hydraulic steering system. It's possible that there was some air in the lines causing this issue.

Bypass/Clutch works off of current. If there's nothing plugged into TB3 ports 1 or 2, it shouldn't even recognize anything is there - much less error with a failure :think :questions . Check the area around that port on the processor just to make sure no current carrying wires are touching the leads. ;)

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back