NavPilot 300 not doing "Speed Calculation"

JG400

Hi,

I just upgraded from a TZT14 to a TZT 3 12" and am trying to get the NavPilot 300 settled down. My boat is a NorthCoast 27 Hard Top with twin Evinrude G2 300's. I have noticed that the Speed Calculation is locked at 34.5 MPH and doesn't change. I suspect that the NavPilot is not reading the speed info from the TZT12. I initially had a problem with not getting course and direction info and the dealer did something with the NEMA2000 to get the Pilot to read that info. How would I get the Pilot to read the speed info from the TZT12 unit. I have seen in the Pilot setup page that the Pilot is set up to look at the TZT12.

Thanks for any help,

Jake

Good morning JG400,

Thank you for your inquiry.

On the TZT3 12" unit is the source of GPS for the NMEA2000 network, please verify that PGN 129026 (SOG/COG Rapid Update) is turned on in the NMEA2000 output setup. Go to the menu, choose initial settings, scroll down to Data Acquisition, choose NMEA2000 Output, please verify that PGN 129026 is turned on. It would also be a good idea to document what other PGN's are turned on. Take a couple of photos on that page.

How many TZT3 units are in the network?

Next on the NavPilot300, it sounds like you already confirmed that the NavPilot300 is looking at the TZT3 12" unit for SOG using the "Sensors in Use" menu. It would be good to confirm again, it would also be good to confirm that PGN 129026 is coming into the NavPilot 300.

There is a way to view the incoming PGN's with the NavPilot 300. Please enter the installation menu: Hold the "Wrench" button down and press the "STBY" key 3 times. Then choose installation, then select NMEA2000. From there choose incoming PGN's, please document what PGN's are showing up with Black Font, those are the PGN's the system is receiving. They should match the PGN's that are turned on in the TZT3 12" unit. Please keep in mind, you may also need to have an active "GoTo" point on the TZT3 12" to see all the PGN's that are turned on and coming into the NavPilot 300.

Please verify those items, and we will see what happens.

C-Bass

Thanks for the great answer. The 129026 info was turned of in the TZT12. It's on now and the 300 is receiving the info.

Jake

Back