NavNet VX2

Geraldina2016

I recently updated my NN1 to VX2.

1) the GPS heading is 180 degrees off. It was correct when i first installed it but i must have changed a setting and now it's 180 off now. I was able to use the autopilot but now that's not communicating since it went 180 degrees out of phase

2) i was able to do an overlay with the radar/plotter on the NN1 and that option is now greyed out on the NX2
I can't figure out how to correct the heading settings.

i resolved the heading issue on plotter .

overlay still an issue.. my simrad ap20/27 auto pilot say valid data not available nmea-1.... shoot,, now gewt message valoid data not available. :(

You might need to seek the assistance of a dealer. You must ensure the radar is setup with the correct radar antenna type and the radar aligned to the bow of the boat prior to connecting any heading data. Any heading data provided needs to be correct and only connected to the dedicated heading port on the unit in which the radar directly connects. If these things are done, overlay will be good.

Thank you Johnny,
I have a message out to one of your dealers Custom Navionics and they are swamped at the moment.
I went from a VX1 to a VX2 this spring .. the VX1 had the 1943c as radar in setup. the new VX2 only has an option for 1944c so a selected that. My auto simrad AP20 was workign and I must have changed a setting,,, Any ideas ?

A pilot issue is different than your discussion on the radar. If the simrad pilot was working it should work still. Does the simrad at least work in Auto mode? Because the heading issue you reported with the radar might be related to why your pilot stopped working. A pilot needs good heading.

Hello, I recently bought a 27 Albemarle with the NAVnet vx2 GD-1920c and the 1994C model radar. when I bought boat electronics worked fine. after having boat for a couple of weeks the electronics will power up then shut down for no apparent reason. all bus bars, fuses have been checked and I cant seem to find the cause of this issue. I can fish with out them. any help n diagnosing this problem would be appreciated.

We discourage the hijacking of older existing threads because it drags previous participants of the thread into conversations which they might prefer to be party of. In general your radar is experiencing a short that causes the display to shut down and protect itself. I recommend calling tech support while at the boat for troubleshooting.

Back