Navnet Vx2 software upgrade

B

Butch

I have 2 Navnet Vx2 radar plotters 1734c (RDP-148, RSB-0071)
With serial numbers and with software numbers:
4327-1636, 195002801.06, 03
4327-4232, 195002803.01, 03
I'm a little confused weather I can upgrade to the software offered for this model on the Furuno web site version 4.03? Any help would be appreciated.

Your software indicates that you have 7" NavNet Vx2 units. The first one was sold in June 2006 and has very old 1.06 software. The other was sold in 2007 and has version 3.01 software. You can update the newer one with the 7" 4.03 software from our website. I would recommend you send both into the service center due to the age. Both are well overdue the internal battery change and the first unit will be a real pain for you to upgrade. If you don't want to send them in, you will need to work with tech support on that first unit because it will need to be step upgraded. If you plan on using these; I would recommend sending them in for a battery change and overall health inspection.

I would prefer to send them in. What would be the procedure for that? would I need to send all parts including scanner or just the monitor?

Send in the RDP148 display units without any cables or chart cards. Do not send the radar unless it has a problem.

Please make sure to include your contact information and ask for an evaluation. Tell them that you plan on getting a battery change and software update but you want them evaluated first. They will normally contact you after the evaluation to discuss any repair actions and get your billing infomation. The address is listed below for your convenience.

FurunoUSA
Attn:Service
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd.
Camas, WA 98607-9408

Great! I'll get busy with that. Thanks so much for your reply and advise.
Butch

Back