NavNet VX2 Radar Not Working

CaptainBly

I have a new to me boat and it came with a navnet vx2 with Radar. The back of the radar display says it is a Type RDP-149.

The Radar Dome has just RSB-0071 and the serial # says R170-1693. There are no other #'s after the RSB-0071. The Plate is very whited out. Attached Picture.

When I go into radar and turn it on, the radar does spin up in the dome. I gook off the top to confirm that. So that SEEMS to be working. But the screen doesn't do much. The green line goes maybe one degree and sits there. There is some green interference like it is trying to do something but doesn't.

Any ideas on what this might be? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Radar.jpg
    Radar.jpg
    574.8 KB · Views: 1,211
The video link says it is private and won't work. Are you sure that this radar worked at one time and it isn't a Frankenstein that someone pieced together? You don't want to troubleshoot with any assumptions. If you go to manual gain to 100% with the SeaClutter at Manual zero can you fill the screen with static/noise?

That radar if programmed for C-map mapping would be called an 1834C/NT (using the RSB0071-057 scanner). The video does play now. That looks more like an issue with the display processor because it looks like just noise. The radar is in transmit during the video? Does the noise go away in STBY?

I would take the Gain to manual 100% and the clutter filter to 0% and see what you get. The unit gets no errors/alarms while operating the radar?

I will try that next time at the boat and let you know. I don't see any errors.

What antenna type should be selected in setup? I BELIEVE it is selecting B currently.

Back