Navnet unit turns off

Hattie

Hi - I have a Navnet vx2 with a GD-1920C GPSplotter and a 1824c radat. Last fall the plotter started turning off intermittently when the boat is rolling from side to side, generally when sailing downwind in a swell. It does not happen when the boat is beating. When I manually move the unit in imitation, it doesn’t turn off.After the motion calms It has started up again. We are in Croatia but did find a Furuno dealer to update the hardware last October and to test the electrical connections. We also changed the c map card this spring. But the plotter continues to turn off. And ominously yesterday when I tried to restart it blinked once and refused to start. I tried multiple times. Then this afternoon it started again. We have not been using radar, only the plotter. When plotter is working, the radar also works. I have taken off the connections and reconnected but that makes no difference. I am also clearing out some memory in case the plotter is overloaded

Help is appreciated

There are many variables from cable connections, lose fuse holder, or internal issue.
If you are still in Croatia please contact the following:

Authorized service provider
HORA ELEKTRONIK d.o.o.
A. B. Simica 65, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Phone +385 51-612 000
Fax +385 51-612 001
E-mail info@hora-elektronik.hr

Back