NAVNET 3d Radar Overlay Issue

A

Anonymous

Hello,
I have a MFD8 with DRS4D and pg500.

My radar overlay is not displaying properly. It is showing very low resolution red lines when you overlay it. They are faint horizontal lines. The radar displays properly in the radar display and heading sensor is functioning.

Any ideas?

My guess is one of the FPGA software updates was skipped during one of your past software upgrades, or the update didn't get accepted. I would recommend running the 2.07 INCREMENTAL software update and see if it shows that the FPGA software needs to be updated.

Negative. I have done them incrementally and the heading sensor overlay was function properly for several months. Any other ideas?

If you have your heading sensor setup for 100ms or faster update, then it sounds like your SPU board has some sort of problem. The PG500 defaults to 200ms (too slow for NN3D) so if you haven't changed the rate, you might want to start there. If that isn't it; I would recommend sending the MFD8 in for evaluation.

This is what it is doing. I will check the heading sensor output and report back.

Can I tell check the speed by using the port monitor and seeing how fast it updates?

Attachments

• radar.JPG
    radar.JPG
    869.5 KB · Views: 2,399
So the heading senor is outputting 200ms based on LED state and output interval. I have changed it to 100 ms and restarted the heading sensor and MFD8. Still the same issue but I can see the heading updating twice as fast in the port monitor.

When I check the output sentence(S) by unplugging the pwer cable and pressing ADJ key while plugging in the CALB led is lit. This should mean it is outputting HDG: Magnetic Heading and Magnetic variation value. Is this the correct format?

Yes, it now sounds like the PG500 is setup correctly.
If the problem is still there; then the MFD8 has something wrong that needs evaluation. The problem looks a lot like the FPGA programming issue but if you have ensured all updates; then the only other case I have seen like it was a problem with the main SPU board in the display. I would send it into the service center and have the problem evaluated.

Hello
WE have one MFDBB UNIT
HELLO
DEAR FRIEND
We have problema with one display VEI
connected to ONE NAVNET SYSTEM FURUNO ..

WHY SHORT DISTANCE OF RADAR DISPLAY SHUTDOWN ...and no sync show?

explorator007-

It is not quite clear what problem you are having.
Please provide further details as to which radar is connected. Does it work at all?
Did it ever work?

Back