Mfd won’t power on

I have an mfd 12 that was working fine and I hooked a drs4d to it and now it won’t power on I checked the fuse and connections tried unplugging the drs aswell

It sounds like the DRS4D has a short someplace and it pulls too much power from the MFD12 putting it into protection mode. With the DRS power disconnected from the MFD12, remove the power cable from the MFD12 for about 10 seconds and then put back on and try powering up the MFD12. Don't connect that DRS until it can be verified good.

It sounds like the DRS4D has a short someplace and it pulls too much power from the MFD12 putting it into protection mode. With the DRS power disconnected from the MFD12, remove the power cable from the MFD12 for about 10 seconds and then put back on and try powering up the MFD12. Don't connect that DRS until it can be verified good.
Ok I will try that and also check the pins on the wire from the drs with the ohm meter to see if they are touching somewhere

Tried removing the power for a minute and hooking it back up no luck I also disconnected everything but the power cord no ouch there either I do have a short in my radar cable

Well if the MFD no longer turns on with everything disconnected it sounds like something in the display was damaged and should be evaluated for repair.

Well if the MFD no longer turns on with everything disconnected it sounds like something in the display was damaged and should be evaluated for repair.
Ok I will try that in the meantime I have a backup mfd I’m running I found the problem with the drs the wires were just shoved in the connector at the dome and were touching how do the wires fasten to the connector I don’t see a screw

I would recommend sending the radar into our service center for evaluation. Did you check the 48v with a meter to see that it is getting there?

I would recommend sending the radar into our service center for evaluation. Did you check the 48v with a meter to see that it is getting there?
I got it fixed the motor was siezed I put some lubricant on the shaft and broke it loose works good now . Can you tell me what needs to be done to overlay it on the chart as I understand it needs heading data sent to it is that correct?

If you already have it connected to the MFD as you say, then it should allow overlay. Does the heading show up on the MFD in the data box?

Then it should be a matter of following the operations and turning the roto-key on the chart plotter screen to "overlay" then press in on the knob then dial "radar" and push in the knob.

Back