Managing charts/hard drive

I have a pair of MFD-8 units. I'm attempting to manage limited hard drive space, in preparation for a trip from Maryland to Maine this summer. I have downloaded all the files I need, and know how to move them onto the MFDs as I progress north. I have also learned a lot about file names, and have scrubbed the hard drives of unneeded and outdated files (I really do NOT need the west coast! LOL).

I have 5 files I have questions on.

First, a series of 4 files called SDUS01MAP3D04 (01-04). I suspect these are old formats for the 3D data, superseded by the *TIN* format files. Should these be deleted? If not, where can current copies be downloaded?

Second, a files called SDWW00TIDES10. This is clearly tidal information, version 10. I can't find a new version of this file to download anywhere. Is it current? Is there a download source? One thing I'm trying to do is to have on a laptop a complete inventory of all files so that as I manage limited storage and delete the wrong thing, I have full source files.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I have created a spreadsheet itemizing most of the free files and what they cover. If anyone wants a copy, PM me. If that's not a violation of terms here...

Harry, S/V Circe

First, a series of 4 files called SDUS01MAP3D04 (01-04). I suspect these are old formats for the 3D data, superseded by the *TIN* format files. Should these be deleted?
You are correct and they should be deleted and replaced with newer TIN files.

Second, a files called SDWW00TIDES10. This is clearly tidal information, version 10. I can't find a new version of this file to download anywhere. Is it current? Is there a download source?
Correct it is your tides file. Map10 is the newest.

Back