Low Voltage

918dave

I have a tzt3. The error message I received on the unit flashing in red was "Multi beam Sonar B voltage abnormal". The systems DFF3D was not usable the rest of the day.

I was outside and made a call to Furuno, but had a tough time talking to the tech. Reception was too poor.

All I tried doing was sut everything off on the boat, put batteries on OFF and restart after about a 5 minute shut down. The problem was still occurring.

At the time the unit flashed the alarm I was doing ~22knts. The boat is 6 months old, with 200 hrs on it currently. This is the first time this has occurred.

Any thought?

Thanks, Dave

I'd also like to mention, all other systems related to the tzt3 were operating as normal. Compass, radar, fish finder, etc.

I would check that the wiring is correct because it seems the DFF3D voltage to the transducer is shutting down. If all wiring is correct with shielding properly under the hold down; then the DFF3D might need to be checked out.

During normal operations it is normal for the status light to blink at a one second ON and one second OFF rate.

I have the same issue that cane up yesterday. It’s beeping as well.. annoyingly.
Was working fine and after stopping for an hour, restarted and error message flashing.

How was this resolved??? Please help
Thank you.

Back