Learning about chart cards the hard way...

bbrink

Hi,

I have an RDP-131 radar plotter, and am struggling to find correct chart cards. I've picked up a few online, but the format is wrong. When I peek into the slot on the Furuno there are about 50 little metal pins staring back at me. The cover on the slot says "C-MAP NT".

I am aware the charts will be old, I mainly want it for radar overlay with coast line reference, it will not be source of navigation. I already understand I need to check my unit to see if it is programmed for NAVNET or C-MAP.

Is there an adapter available? I have seen reference to "Furuno FMC-1 (or FMC-1N) Chart Card Adapter" but i have been unable to find them for sale or any details.

If no adapter, is there a format I need to search for when buying chips?

The charts I purchased that do not fit are shown in the attached image. Barring the NAVNET / C-MAP programming question would they work with adapter?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Attachments

• chart_cards.jpg
    chart_cards.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 6
There is no adaptor. No company sells new maps as you know. The machine could read three types of maps depending on the programming.
C-map programming allows it to read C-map NT maps on FP Chips.
Navionics programming allows it to read Navionics "Classic" maps on a NavChart Chip.
Either programing will work with the very old and basic "Furuno" mapping on Furuno FP chips.

Back