issue with vx 2 radar

jcjp

Furuno Fan
I have a vx2 system ( open array, sounder 1944c) My question is what does the A/c A/T tab do when the radar is running. I push the gain button and I see this tab. How does having this on or off effect the other settings ( gain, sea clutter rain clutter) thanks

Yea that's nice but does not answer my question. I looked through my manuals again and can not find any mention of that control and its effects on the picture

jcjp
You are correct that the manual really does not explain the” A/C AT” function for the 10.4" and BB units of the Vx2.

It is basically a (single) quick key to turn the A/C SEA and A/C RAIN to an auto mode (using internal preset data) based on your radar installation settings (Antenna height & STC Curve). When turned on, it overrides your A/C SEA and A/C RAIN settings. Your normal A/C SEA and GAIN can be set to AUTO based on “sea conditions”. To operate your sea clutter in manual, you must turn “off” the A/C AT and have the A/C SEA set to Manual.

OK....should it be left on or off? It does affect the performance of the radar..Thank You

It is a user choice. It depends on what you like to see and if you like running the A/C AT mode. Many people like to manually control the radars so they can look for birds etc... There is no clear answer for everyone. Try using it and if you don't like it, then turn it off.

Back