IP Camera?

The TZtouch can use Axis brand IP cameras that support MPEG4 Video.
TZT software (V2) is also compatible with the Axis Pan/Tilt/Zoom Cameras (relative PTZ) (MPEG4: Part2) and the AXIS 241Q Quad Video Server.
The problem is that currently AXIS no longer makes a camera that outputs MPEG4. Sometimes you can find one on the used market or dealer stock.

TZT software V3 is planned to be compatible with MPEG4 and H264 (making TZT compatible with virtually any AXIS IP Camera)

Overall, I prefer to use composite cameras because the lower cost, higher res, less complex, and wide availability of choices. IP cameras save wiring and can be advantageous depending on the install. The video server is handy because you can use normal low cost cameras then the send the video by IP.

Johnny: I use a non-Furuno wireless router as the 'hub' in my NN3D environment. Can I ONLY use AXIS wireless IP cameras to connect via this router to my MFD12? What is special about the Axis IP cameras?

tks & rgds

As far as I can tell the Furuno MFD only knows how to speak the AXIS lanuguage.

I had ordered some Foscam units and the only way to hook them to the TZT14 I have is via one of the video input jacks. Kinda defeats the purpose of a wireless IP camera.

Rommer & Johnny: I suppose the work-around is to connect a laptop to the router/hub as well and view IP camera images on the laptop screen but not on the TZT/MFD12. Given AXIS is no longer producing MPEG4 cameras (see Johnny's post further up) the Furuno tie to AXIS would seem unfortunate and something the Product Development guys should address.

Composite cameras are fine but som much easier to go wireless and avoid cabling hassles for this purpose
rgds

I have been testing the new TZT software (coming soon) and it works well with the new Axis cameras that support H264. Product development has been addressing it.

Johnny: do you know if the long-awaited NN3D update will also provide for new AXIS cameras, given MPEG4 with AXIS is now defunct? Would be a huge pity if NN3D could no longer connect to an IP camera.

I don't think there will be any changes to the NN3D because of the hardware limitations but there might be changes for the IP camera support for the BB processor that has more horse power. Like most here, I have been eager to see the new software for the NN3D release. With so many accessories and testing connected to the TZT, I think they have found the task must harder than they hoped for. Maybe they will surprise me but I don't think you will see any, if very little changes to the IP camera support options for the NN3D.

rommer":x0st2vg4 said:
As far as I can tell the Furuno MFD only knows how to speak the AXIS lanuguage.

I had ordered some Foscam units and the only way to hook them to the TZT14 I have is via one of the video input jacks. Kinda defeats the purpose of a wireless IP camera.
Johnny Electron":x0st2vg4 said:
The TZtouch can use Axis brand IP cameras that support MPEG4 Video.
TZT software (V2) is also compatible with the Axis Pan/Tilt/Zoom Cameras (relative PTZ) (MPEG4: Part2) and the AXIS 241Q Quad Video Server.
The problem is that currently AXIS no longer makes a camera that outputs MPEG4. Sometimes you can find one on the used market or dealer stock.

TZT software V3 is planned to be compatible with MPEG4 and H264 (making TZT compatible with virtually any AXIS IP Camera)

Overall, I prefer to use composite cameras because the lower cost, higher res, less complex, and wide availability of choices. IP cameras save wiring and can be advantageous depending on the install. The video server is handy because you can use normal low cost cameras then the send the video by IP.

Or if you only have one composite camera, use an AXIS M7001 single video server....much cheaper.

Back