Installing video input card

Locrasto

Hi, I have a rdp149 sn 4345 0316, looking to install a video input card in it for a ir camara. How much of a PITA is it to install? Also what would be a good ir camera to get? Would be used for getting around my lagoon at night or fog nothing to crazy.. It’s a tight lagoon with boat lifts and wavrunner docks.

Thank you
John

Installing the video interface kit (008-523-070) is pretty simple. You would open the back of the display following the instructions from page 4-4 of the installation manual.
https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... nual_k.pdf
You can also refer to the instructions on opening the case explained in the APRA board installation instructions. Once the unit is open it is a matter of plugging the board in and putting in a few provided screws to hold the video board in place. The composite (RCA) cable will come out via the option port hole at the back of the machine. Normally you would cut a small hole in the rubber port cover and push it through. Most put a bit of black RTV to seal it up. I don't have any camera suggestions as long as it provides composite NTSC or PAL. There are a ton of good off the shelf cameras out there with IR during dark periods.

Back