Inputting Data from Raymarine ST60's to VX2

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
I hope someone can help me.
I have a Navnet VX2, which was installed by a dealer, and it is connected to my Raymarine ST7000 autopilot, and a Raymarine AIS, which is working fine.
However, I have a set of Raymarine ST60+ instruments (Log, wind, depth), in the cockpit with repeaters at the nav table. All I want to do is to get an output from these (Seatalk) into my VX2 (NMEA 0183), so it shows up on the screen.
Can anyone advise me on how to do this please?
Many thanks in advance,
Chris

Hi Johnny,
Currently, a have a small screen VX2 at the Nav table, which is a slave to the the large screen VX2 at the helm. All that is going into the small VX2 is the radar input, so I think I should have ports available. Cannot confirm at the moment as I am in UK and boat is in Spain and I was hoping to take any leads etc. with me!
Thanks,
Chris

Problem solved....I think.
I have been advised elsewhere that I need to take a Seatalk output from the ST60+ that is at the end of the chain, and feed that into a Raymarine E85001 (http://www.yachtbits.com/raymarine/_sea ... e85001.php), which converts SeaTalk to NMEA 0183 format, and then take an output from that box via a 6 pin cable to a data port on the back of the VX2.
I will be trying out next week when I get down to the boat, and I will report back.
Thanks all.
Chris

Back