Independent review of TZT3

Johnny Electron

Administrator
Staff member
I ran across an independent review of the TZT3 that is very well written. While I think the DFF3D is a bit understated; everything is variable with installation and operational needs. It is a beautiful boat and very professionally written. The website is very well known for covering Marine Electronics and boat related matters. I haven't visited there in years but glad I did. I will need to start watching that review site more often.

https://www.panbo.com/furuno-tzt3-on-the-water/

I love Panbo, and look at it At least weekly.
I am thinking of upgrading the TZT2 system on my Nordhavn to a TZT3 system, changing my radome Doppler Radar to the open array Doppler Radar, and adding sat compass. I have a small Nordhavn and run offshore at night, so would like to see fish nets, containers etc thus I am would like to add a FLIR 364C. At one point, that almost led me to switch to a Raymarine system but the Panbo review of the tzt 3 system has brought me back to Furuno.
Will I be able to see the FLIR image in color? I assume the augmented reality is only available on the Axiom system.
Would I be able to use the FLIR engine room heat cameras with the TZT 3?
It is not a deal breaker as I could always add an axiom screen.

I assume the auto course up feature, which I miss from my Nav net has not returned? Perhaps the faster redraw with the faster processor will make me miss it less.
I also assume I can use Navionics charts in the US if I buy them? I still don’t like the CMap.
Are the Explorer charts for the Bahamas available for TZT3?

One last question, should I consider the FMD 3200BB? The FAR series Radar?

Back