I made a mistake - need help

CBBeaty

Furuno Fan
I am running V7 on two TZT2's. I was coming back from the bahamas on Monday am and Furuno corporate wanted me to create a file log to chase a situation I have occasionally. Knowing we had 8 hours ahead of us to get home, I stuck the usb stick in the port machine, fired the engines, then fired up port and starboard machines in that order. I thought the usb was blank. Port machine boots up and starts a progress bar with "copying database". Waited five mins and it wasn't done. Starboard machine was up and running. I freaked out and shut power down to the whole boat, pulled the usb stick, waited 2 mins and fired the boat back up. Both machines booted up. Points and tracks on both machines. We took off. However enroute, my radar seemed "off" and wasn't registering storms like it use to. Further my sirius weather wouldn't work at all.

I know now after getting home the usb was not blank. How do I get back to where I was?

Hi CBBeaty,

Try doing a Master Reset on your machine. There is, I believe, a document on the Furuno website in the "View Support/Tech Info" button that walks you though those steps.

You can also call the tech support line. They can probably address each of the issues (Radar and Weather) with a bit of troubleshooting.

:furuno

I've done master resets successfully. My question is anytime you do a master reset you back up your data files and make sure only the machine you are resetting is on. Other was off. That was not the case here. Rather both were on when one started to load the V7 software. So I suspect the half load of the V7 corrupted some of my settings. Wasn't sure if there was a way to get them back. Are they perhaps on the other machine or did it get corrupted since it was on when the V7 loaded on the other machine.

CBBeaty":2lnktefz said:
I've done master resets successfully. My question is anytime you do a master reset you back up your data files and make sure only the machine you are resetting is on. Other was off. That was not the case here. Rather both were on when one started to load the V7 software. So I suspect the half load of the V7 corrupted some of my settings. Wasn't sure if there was a way to get them back. Are they perhaps on the other machine or did it get corrupted since it was on when the V7 loaded on the other machine.

Do you use the TZ Cloud synchronization? You may have a copy of your prior settings that was uploaded to it and be able to restore from there. A long shot but worth checking.

Back