How do I determine the model of my VX2

S

Shootist43

The label on the chart card cover reads NAVnet vx2 C-MAP NT MAX. Program number on boot (is there a way to brighten that boot screen?) is 195002404. 03. 07. The trackball is at the top right corner and is at the least a 10" screen installed new in a 2008 boat. I have three networked together with a single chart card.

That unit has newest software for (4.03) with newest boot loader (7) for a 10.4". The model number depends on the radar that is connected. If no radar, then it is considered a "GP1920C/NT" chart plotter. If a radar is connected the part number will based on that.

Hi Shootist43,

Another way to check would be to look on the back of the unit. It should have an RDP number on a plaque there, which will provide the model number for that particular display.

;)

Johnny Electron":humopatt said:
That unit has newest software for (4.03) with newest boot loader (7) for a 10.4". The model number depends on the radar that is connected. If no radar, then it is considered a "GP1920C/NT" chart plotter. If a radar is connected the part number will based on that.

Thanks Johnny,
Where do I find the radar ID info? Is it available on-screen, a tag on the open array, or... I'm guessing pulling 3 networked displays from consoles (no simple task) could yield different part numbers?

Sailor Moon":2xbuqj5o said:
Hi Shootist43,

Another way to check would be to look on the back of the unit. It should have an RDP number on a plaque there, which will provide the model number for that particular display.

;)

Thanks Sailor Moon. Big guy, three small consoles :wink7

FYI for other folks, if you can get the serial number (typically 8-digits for older equipment) and call in to US Technical Support we're generally able to pin-point the model of your radar (if it was USDM sold).

Hope this helps others, :sail

- Maggy

Back